Tell me more about Hunter Primary Care
An effective primary health care system that meets the health needs of the community.
Keeping people well and out of hospital by:
- Delivering consumer-focused, quality primary health care services that improve health outcomes.
- Leading and supporting primary health care professionals to enable them to provide effective health care.
- Working with stakeholders to improve the health system and patient experience.
- Deliver quality health services that benefit the community, including GP Access After Hours, Care Coordination, headspace Newcastle, Psychology Services, Hunter Partners in Recovery, Aged Care Emergency service, Closing the Gap programs and Rural Primary Health Services.
- Ensure the sustainability of our services by making them efficient, effective and competitive.
- Identify new funding opportunities and expand services to meet the changing needs of the community, members and funders.
- Deliver support services to meet the needs of members.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify, develop and deliver innovative solutions to health needs.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and members.
Click here for a copy of the Hunter Primary Care Strategic Plan.Programs and Services page.
The Hunter Primary Care Board provides leadership and corporate governance for the organisation. Visit our Board Members page for information about current Board Members.